Frequently Asked Questions- Nuworld Botanicals Online Masterclass Course
How does your online Masterclass work?
This Masterclass course is an immersive e-learning experience which gives you the opportunity to explore natural skincare making and the business of launching a skincare brand…at your own pace.
What’s the fee?
The cost is $299 CAD for a 6-month subscription. Prices subject to change. This course is non-refundable.
What does the enrollment fee include?
This includes 6-months access to 21 lessons and 11 recipes. Each lesson and recipe has a video, plus downloadable supporting PDFs and recipes. All members on Nuworldbotanicals.com E-Masterclass course can automatically take advantage of 30% off our DIY Ingredients Shop for 6-months.
I see you offer your E-Masterclass course on Udemy? What’s the difference?
We remain committed to providing people around the world 🌎 with the skills, tools and resources needed to start and grow a natural skincare brand. As of March, 2020 you can find this course on Udemy.com. By partnering with Udemy we can reach more people, offer an exceptional online learning platform experience and offer our course in new languages for people around the globe.
Our Masterclass is now a BESTSELLER on UDEMY.
|E-Masterclass on Udemy $199 (with promos!)||E-Masterclass on Nuworld Botanicals $299|
|21 Business Lessons||21 Business Lessons|
|21 Recipe Demos||11 Recipe Demos|
|—||10 Extra Recipe Demos (additional fee $99)|
|VIP Access to Nuworld Botanicals online DIY Ingredients Shop at 30% off for 6-months once enrolled (we ship to Canada, USA only)||VIP Access to Nuworld Botanicals online DIY Ingredients Shop at 30% off for 6-months once enrolled (we ship to Canada, USA only)|
|Lifetime Access||6-Months to Complete the Course|
|Udemy Certificate of Completion||Nuworld Botanicals Certificate of Completion, upon taking the Exam and passing|
|No Exam||Exam available- optional (additional fees apply)|
|Hardcopy Masterclass Workbook not included (but available for purchase, Canada and USA only)||Hardcopy Masterclass Workbook not included (but available for purchase, Canada and USA only)|
|Downloadable supporting PDFs with mini-assignments and recipe PDFs||Downloadable supporting PDFs with mini-assignments and recipe PDFs|
|Special Online Promos Monthly||-n/a|
Which topics are covered in the class?
This Masterclass course includes everything from how to formulate natural skincare products to selling at the retail level. The class syllabus is available on the Masterclass homepage. Scroll down to the ‘Lesson Plan’ to see a description of each lesson in the class, and scroll the “Recipes” to see the recipe tutorials. Once you’ve purchased the course you will have full access to the video lessons, PDF workbooks, assignments, recipe videos and exam.
Tell me about the video lessons?
The videos average 5-8 minutes in length and cover approximately 2.5 hours in total. There are 32 videos in total. Videos are produced right inside our flagship Oakville store where we create our own retail skincare products everyday.
- 21 Lessons Videos hitting the high points of the lesson for you. Supporting PDF documents accompany each video and contain additional detailed information to read and study up on plus mini-assignments to help you master the lesson.
- 11 Recipes Videos go step-by-step in the recipe formulation process and gives in-depth visual instruction. All of the ingredients we use are accessible from our online store; some ingredients can be found at your local grocery store and some are superfood powders you may even have in your pantry like matcha. A supporting PDF document contains a recap of the recipe including ingredients required, portion sizes, directions and method plus tips on how to make the recipe your own.
Is the printed Masterclass Workbook available to online students?
Yes. Once you’re enrolled in the program you can purchase the workbook (additional fee) and it will be mailed to you. Alternatively, you can simply download and print the PDFs at home. Please note we ship to Canada and the US only.
Where can I find the ingredients I need to make the recipes?
For every recipe we teach, we sell the ingredients to make it. Having ingredients readily available will help you master the recipes and “kick-start” your own product development, while you begin your own sourcing journey. Once you’ve enrolled you will receive our exclusive 30% off coupon which can be used in our DIY Ingredients shop for the length of your subscription (6-months). We only ship our ingredients across Canada and to the USA.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up on the Masterclass page. You must be logged in first:
- On our home page and/or Masterclass page you should see the words: “Login” and “Sign up” at the top.
- Once you’re logged in, go to the Masterclass page and click on TAKE THE CLASS (green button) to make your purchase.
I’m having difficulty getting back into the course/my password isn’t working.
You must be logged in to view the course. Please go back to the home page and login using the same email and password that you used to enroll in this course. If you have forgotten your password, get locked out, or you need to change it we can help you reset it. Please give us a call at 905.338.3259 or 1.860.6628 or send us an email email@example.com to reset your password.
Will I receive a Certificate when I finish the online course?
Not automatically. In order to obtain a certificate PDF you will need to take and successfully pass the online exam. There is an additional fee to take the exam of $35. If you prefer a hardcopy certificate we can mail one to you, however there is an additional fee of $10 plus shipping.
How hard is the online exam?
The exam will challenge your knowledge and fundamental concepts, but if you actively participate in the mini-assignments and pay attention to the training, you should have no problem passing the exam. It should take you about 1 hour to complete (multiple choice and open-ended questions).
Where can I take courses from?
You can take this course anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Videos are spoken in English and PDFs are written in English.
Will I get access to all new recipes that are released after I subscribe ?
Absolutely! This is a perk of being a Masterclass member. As we continue to roll-out new recipes they will become part of new series you can unlock for a fee. Recipes Series 2 is now available for Masterclass members for just $99. You must be currently enrolled in our online Masterclass program.
How do I ask a question?
We’re super easy to do business with and we’re always happy to help! There are a few ways to get in touch with us:
- You can call us during regular business hours: Local 905.338.3259 or Toll Free at 1.866.620.6628. Our Oakville store is open Tuesday-Saturday 10am to 5pm.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a direct message on Instagram @nuworldbotanicals
- Complete this contact form.
We typically respond within 12-24 hours. If you call us during store hours you will get a team member instantly.
Can I download the videos?
No, the videos are not downloadable – but they are available in your account at any time, ready for viewing (and re-watching) at any time. See our Terms of Service with regards to our copyrighted material, videos and content.
Is there a limit to how many times I can watch a class?
You can watch class video lessons and recipe tutorials as many times as you’d like as long as your Masterclass subscription is active.
Is there a time frame to complete my course?
You can complete the course at your own pace, as long as it falls within the six month window of your subscription.
Am I able to get more training?
Yes. Our founder Natalie Cascella and wellness expert Lana Marconi are available for one-on-one Masterclass Business Coaching. Private coaching sessions are held either in-person at our Oakville store, over the phone or via Skype. Additional fees apply.
What is your refund policy?
Our online Masterclass is non-refundable. You can feel confident knowing that we’ve successfully trained 800-plus Masterclass students at our Oakville store (and counting).
Can I share an online videos? Post the PDFs on my Social Media?
No. Nuworld Botanicals retains intellectual property rights to the videos and documents. Our Masterclass course is designed to be taken individually. See our Terms of Service. In addition, when a student is clearly going against the spirit of Nuworld Botanicals policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the Nuworld Botanicals brand or online brand experience it will be considered a violation of our policies and the membership will be terminated. We have zero tolerance for this.
What’s the difference between your online Masterclass and the Masterclass course held at your Oakville store?
The lessons and the same and recipes taught are similar. However, the in-store class is obviously in-person which is a very different experience, with hands-on recipe training and you do walk away with 9 products that day, plus a printed copy of our Masterclass workbook. Our in-store Masterclass is held at our Oakville store once every 2 months only. For upcoming in-store classes visit our Workshops page.
Why is the in-store Masterclass more expensive than the online Masterclass?
With the in-store/in-person Masterclass you are getting:
- 6 products that you make on the day (open lab)
- 3 complimentary demoed products
- Printed hard-copy of our Masterclass Workbook
- Printed Certificate of Completion
- In-person formulation training by our team of highly skilled Mixologists
- In-person business lessons taught by the CEO/Founder Natalie and Wellness Expert Lana
- Lunch, coffee and tea
So what’s the upside of doing the online Masterclass?
- It works for people who prefer e-learning
- It works for people who simply cannot travel to our flagship Oakville store
- It’s available 24/7 for 6 months
- You can work at your own pace
- You get exclusive access to any new batch of recipes we release (for online students only!)
- You can work from anywhere, mobile or desktop
- You also get a 30% off coupon which can be used to purchase our raw DIY ingredients
- You can always email or call us to if you have any questions at all, we’re always happy to help and we want you to succeed!
There are a few schools for natural skincare making out there, what makes Nuworld Botanicals Masterclass different?
- We teach entrepreneurship. Natalie started making skincare in her own kitchen- just like you! She knows the secret to a creating a successful skincare business . If you’re serious about becoming a natural skincare entrepreneur and learning the skills you need to succeed and mange your business, this is the course for you. Unlike other schools out there, this is not a course in theory, unproven recipes or even chemistry. And you do not need a degree in science or certificate in aromatherapy. But, like any entrepreneur, you will be challenged to think creatively and ambitiously and step out of your comfort zone to deal with real-life small-business challenges.
- Practical Experience. Nuworld Botanicals Masterclass is based on practical experience. This is course is written and designed by a Natural Skincare Entrepreneur for a Natural Skincare Entrepreneur. Unlike other schools, we actually make, market and retail our own line of natural skincare products and have been doing so for 10 years. We’re sharing what it takes to move your business from the kitchen to the shelf of major retail stores like Whole Foods Market.
- Proven Retail Recipes. Our products sell in major retail stores (Well.ca, Chapters Indigo and Whole foods to name a few). We also do private label aromatherapy and skincare products for large companies. We know our products work and succeed at the retail level and retailers trust our ingredients and process. Unlike other schools for natural skincare making, these are not random at-home recipes pulled off the internet. Understanding product recipes for the retail market is very different than crafting recipes for home and personal use.
- Trusted Ingredients. In this industry, ingredients are everything. We’ve proven that our ingredients can be trusted and they work. Our products have been selling through retail for 7+ years now in the same stores and sell-through in the retail world means everything to a buyer. We now offer these same ingredients to you, as a Masterclass member, at 30% off for 6-months to help you kick-start your business and product development.
Requirements for using a mobile device?
MasterClass supports iOS mobile devices with our mobile app and mobile web.
What are the system requirements?
MasterClass requires an internet speed above 5 Mbps.
Our site is most compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge (11 or later) and Safari web browsers.
We recommend that students have the most recent version of their preferred web browser installed for using our site.
What browsers do you support?
We support the following desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome 36 and above
- Firefox 29 and up
- Safari 6.1 and up
- Internet Explorer 11 and up
I have more questions. Who do I reach out to?
We’re super easy to do business with and always available. If you have more questions, please contact us or call us at 1 (866) 620.6628 or our Oakville store 905.338.3259 (local). You can also email us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help!