Frequently Asked Questions
How does your online Masterclass work?
This Masterclass course is an immersive online experience which gives you the opportunity to explore natural skincare making and the business of launching a skincare brand.
What’s the fee?
The cost is $395 CAD for a 6-month subscription. This course is non-refundable.
What does the enrollment fee include?
This includes 6-months access to 21 lessons and 11 recipes. Each lesson and recipe has a video, plus downloadable supporting PDFs. All members enjoy 30% off our DIY Ingredients Shop.
Which topics are covered in the class?
This Masterclass course includes everything from how to formulate natural skincare products to launch and sell at the retail level. The class syllabus is available on the Masterclass homepage. Scroll down to the ‘Lesson Plan’ to see a description of each lesson in the class, and scroll the “Recipes” to see the recipe tutorials. Once you’ve purchased the course you will have full access to the video lessons, PDF workbooks, assignments, recipe videos and exam.
Tell me about the video lessons?
The videos average 5-8 minutes in length and cover approximately 2.5 hours in total. There are 32 videos in total. Videos are produced right inside our flagship Oakville store where we create our own retail skincare products everyday.
- 21 Lessons Videos hitting the high points of the lesson for you. Supporting PDF documents accompany each video and contain additional information to read and study up on plus mini-assignments to help you master the lesson.
- 11 Recipes Videos go step-by-step in the recipe formulation process and gives in-depth visual instruction. We use all of the ingredients right from our store. A supporting PDF document contains a recap of the recipe including ingredients required, portion sizes, directions and method plus tips on how to make the recipe your own.
Is the printed Masterclass Workbook available to online students?
Yes. Once you’re enrolled in the program you can purchase the workbook (additional fee $45) and it will be mailed to you. Alternatively, online students can download and print the PDFs at home.
There are a few schools for natural skincare making out there, what makes Nuworld Botanicals Masterclass different?
Here are a few good reasons to consider Nuworld Botanicals to help you kick-start your natural skincare business:
- Proven Strategies. Our Masterclass is based our own personal path to retail success. We’re sharing how we took our business from the kitchen to the shelf of major retail stores like Whole Foods Market and how you can too. This is not a course in theory, chemistry, aromatherapy or relying on outside consultants. It’s a practical business strategy course with proven formulation recipes. It’s what you need to know to launch into retail. We’ve been making and selling our own natural skincare products for major retailer for 7+ years and counting. Undeniably, one of the most realistic retail strategy and skincare formulation courses to help you launch and grow at the retail level.
- Proven Retail Recipes. Over 50 of the products we make are currently selling in major retail stores (Well.ca, Chapters Indigo and Whole foods to name a few). We know our recipes work and succeed at the retail level because we’ve proven it. We work with buyers everyday and we understand what they want and need. We’re sharing this information with you! Keep in mind, understanding product recipes for the retail market is very different than crafting recipes for home and personal use.
- Trusted Ingredients. Our retailers like Whole Foods Market have very stringent ingredients standards to follow. They will not accept any product or every ingredient. We’ve proven over the past 7 years that our ingredients, our recipes and our products work and can be trusted. Our products have been selling through retail for 7+ years now in the same stores. “Sell-through” in the retail means everything to a buyer. We also make private label aromatherapy skincare for large companies.
Where can I find the ingredients I need to make the recipes?
For every recipe we teach, we sell the ingredients to make it. You will find them on display right inside our Oakville store. These are the ingredients we’ve used over the past 7 years in our own retail products. Having trusted and proven ingredients easily accessible to you from the start is a huge advantage for any skincare maker. It takes the pressure off sourcing at the onset, which takes time and quality checks. We source our high-quality ingredients from across the globe and we’ve been so for 10 years. Please note, we only ship our ingredients across Canada and to the USA. Once you’ve enrolled you will receive our exclusive 30% off coupon which can be used in our DIY Ingredients shop. We only ship to the USA and Canada.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up on the Masterclass page. You must be logged in first:
- On our home page and/or Masterclass page you should see the words: “Login” and “Sign up” at the top.
- Once you’re logged in, go to the Masterclass page and click on TAKE THE CLASS (green button) to make your purchase.
Will I receive a Certificate when I finish the online course?
Not automatically. In order to obtain a certificate PDF you will need to take and successfully pass the online exam. There is an additional fee to take the exam of $35.
How hard is the online exam?
The exam will challenge your knowledge and fundamental concepts, but if you actively participate in the mini-assignments and pay attention to the training, you should have no problem passing the exam. It should take you about 1 hour to complete (multiple choice and open-ended questions).
Where can I take courses from?
You can take this course anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Videos are spoken in English and PDFs are written in English.
Will I get access to all new recipes that are released after I subscribe ?
As we continue to roll-out new recipes they will become part of new batch you can unlock for a fee.
How do I ask a question?
We’re super easy to do business with and we’re always happy to help! There are a few ways to get in touch with us:
- You can call us during regular business hours: Local 905.338.3259 or Toll Free at 1.866.620.6628
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a direct message on Instagram @nuworldbotanicals
- Complete this contact form.
We typically respond within 12-24 hours.
Can I download the videos?
No, the videos are not downloadable – but they are available in your account at any time, ready for viewing (and re-watching) at any time. See our Terms of Service with regards to our copyrighted material, videos and content.
Is there a limit to how many times I can watch a class?
You can watch class video lessons and recipe tutorials as many times as you’d like as long as your Masterclass subscription is active.
Is there a time frame to complete my course?
You can complete the course at your own pace, as long as it falls within the six month window of your subscription.
Am I able to get more training?
Our founder Natalie Cascella and wellness expert Lana Marconi are available for one-on-one Masterclass Business Coaching. Private coaching sessions are held either in-person at our Oakville store, over the phone or via Skype. Additional fees apply.
What is your refund policy?
Our online Masterclass and in-store Masterclass are non-refundable courses. You can feel confident knowing that we’ve trained over 300 Masterclass students at our Oakville store.
Can I share a class?
Our Masterclass is designed to be taken individually. See our Terms of Service.
What’s the difference between your online Masterclass and the Masterclass course held at your Oakville store?
The lessons and recipes taught are the same and the workbook is the same. The difference is that with the in-store class you’re physically there with us and make and take home 6 products that day. Our in-store Masterclass is held at our Oakville store once every 2 months only. For upcoming in-store classes visit our Workshops page.
Why is the in-store Masterclass more expensive ($450) than the online Masterclass ($395)?
With the in-store Masterclass you are getting:
- All of the raw ingredients and packaging to make and take home 6 products
- Printed hardcopy of our Masterclass Workbook
- In-person formulation training by our team of highly skilled Mixologists
- In-person business lessons taught by the CEO/Founder Natalie and Wellness Expert Lana
So what’s the upside of doing the online Masterclass?
- It works for people who cannot travel to our flagship Oakville store
- It’s online, so it’s available 24/7
- You can work at your own pace (you get 6 months!)
- You can work from anywhere, mobile or desktop
- You get a 30% off coupon which can be used to purchase our raw DIY ingredients
- You can still always email or call us to if you have any questions at all, we’re always happy to help and we want you to succeed!
Requirements for using a mobile device?
MasterClass supports iOS mobile devices with our mobile app and mobile web.
What are the system requirements?
MasterClass requires an internet speed above 5 Mbps.
Our site is most compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge (11 or later) and Safari web browsers.
We recommend that students have the most recent version of their preferred web browser installed for using our site.
What browsers do you support?
We support the following desktop browsers:
- Google Chrome 36 and above
- Firefox 29 and up
- Safari 6.1 and up
- Internet Explorer 11 and up
I have more questions. Who do I reach out to?
We’re super easy to do business with and always available. If you have more questions, please contact us or call us at 1 (866) 620.6628 or our Oakville store 905.338.3259 (local). You can also email us at email@example.com. We are always happy to help!