DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Baby Calendula Body Lotion
Nourishing and gentle for baby’s skin, this Calendula Baby Lotion recipe is ideal for everyday use and has great anti-inflammatory action. Helpful with rashes and itchy skin conditions. Extremely soothing, and skin-softening. Perfect to use during baby massage.
6 g calendula balm
5 ml calendula oil
15 ml fractionated coconut oil
3.5 g emulsifying wax (vegan, non-gmo, SLS free)
25 ml distilled water
2 ml leucidal liquid complete (natural preservative, vegan, paraben-free, non-toxic)
1 drop vitamin e
2 drops lavender essential oil – optional
- In a double boiler or microwave, gradually melt calendula balm, fractionated coconut oil and calendula oil.
- Add in the emulsifying wax and stir until melted.
- At the same time (in a SEPARATE beaker) heat up the distilled water.
- Once the balm and wax are melted, remove from heat and pour in a beaker or a Pyrex.
- Remove distilled water from heat and pour into a separate beaker or Pyrex.
- Slowly pour the water into the oil beaker; whisk continually for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vitamin e and natural preservative.
- At this point, you could add in lavender essential oil (optional).
- Continue whisking for about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into clean container.
- Pop in the fridge (cap on) for about 15 minutes to set faster.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….
Nuworld Botanicals Recipe: DIY Calendula Baby Lotion
A quick and easy recipe-video on how to make our DIY Baby Calendula Body Lotion. For more diy skincare recipe ideas and inpiration, head on over to our DIY recipe resoure page www.nuworldbotanicals.comPosted by Nuworld Botanicals on Sunday, September 23, 2018