DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Baby Calendula Body Lotion
Nourishing and gentle for baby’s skin, this Calendula Baby Lotion recipe is ideal for everyday use and has great anti-inflammatory action. Helpful with rashes and itchy skin conditions. Extremely soothing, and skin-softening. Perfect to use during baby massage.
6 g calendula balm
5 ml calendula oil
15 ml fractionated coconut oil
3.5 g emulsifying wax (vegan, non-gmo, SLS free)
25 ml distilled water
2 ml leucidal liquid complete (natural preservative, vegan, paraben-free, non-toxic)
1 drop vitamin e
2 drops lavender essential oil – optional
- In a double boiler or microwave, gradually melt calendula balm, fractionated coconut oil and calendula oil.
- Add in the emulsifying wax and stir until melted.
- At the same time (in a SEPARATE beaker) heat up the distilled water.
- Once the balm and wax are melted, remove from heat and pour in a beaker or a Pyrex.
- Remove distilled water from heat and pour into a separate beaker or Pyrex.
- Slowly pour the water into the oil beaker; whisk continually for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vitamin e and natural preservative.
- At this point, you could add in lavender essential oil (optional).
- Continue whisking for about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into clean container.
- Pop in the fridge (cap on) for about 15 minutes to set faster.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….