DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Charcoal (Detox) Soap Making Kit
Our DIY soap making kits offer a quick and easy way to make 100% natural, SLS-free, vegetable based soaps and cleansing bars at home! Activated charcoal offers a natural way to purify, cleanse and detoxify the body. Kaolin clay binds to dirt and helps pull it (and excess oils) out of your pores. Apricot shells offer gentle exfoliation. Makes 2 x 70 g soap bars.
This DIY Kit includes:
145 g african shea soap base (black)
¼ tsp white kaolin clay
¼ tsp activated bamboo charcoal
¼ tsp apricot shells
2 x silicone molds
(essential oils sold separately/optional)
- In a double boiler or microwave, gradually melt soap base.
- While waiting for the soap base to melt, sprinkle half of the apricot shells in the silicone molds.
- Once melted, mix in the activated bamboo charcoal and white clay.
- Transfer into a beaker or Pyrex. At this point, you could add in essential oils (optional).
- Pour the liquid evenly into the molds.
- Sprinkle remaining apricot shells on top of each mixture.
- Carefully transfer the molds to the fridge for about 20-25 minutes to set faster.
- Once the bars have solidified, remove the soaps from silicone molds (these molds are reusable).
- Allow your cleansing bar to solidify thoroughly before using.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….