DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Bath Bomb Kit- Lemon, Lime + Matcha (Green Matcha)
Our Matcha Bath Bomb Kit offers a quick and easy way to make 100% natural mineral bath bombs! Each kit makes 2 bath bombs. 100% FREE-FROM toxic fragrance and fragrance oils, harmful SLS (sodium laurel sulfate), propylene glycol, synthetic dyes and colouring and glitter. Matcha is jam-packed with powerful antioxidants, specifically catechin polyphenols that help to calm inflammation caused by environmental free radical damage. Minerals (from the Dead Sea and Pink Himalayan salt) such as Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium help heal skin conditions like eczema and soothe sore muscles and joints. Plant oils (safflower oil) nourish and soften dry skin.
110 g sodium bicarbonate
55 g citric acid
55 g arrowroot powder
40 g dead sea salt
20 g pink himalayan salt
1/2 tsp french green clay
10 ml witch hazel
15 ml safflower oil (includes lemon-lime essential oil)
1/2 tsp Japanese matcha
1. In a large bowl, combine all “dry ingredients” -sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, arrowroot powder, pink himalayan salt, dead sea salt-ultra fine, clay and matcha.
2. Wearing gloves, mix well with your hands making sure the mixture is clump free.
3. Add in the “liquid ingredients”- safflower oil, (essential oils optional) and mix together well.
4. Spritz mixture with witch hazel. Mixture should hold together without crumbling.
5. Pack mixture into one half of the metal bath bomb mold; repeat process with the other half.
6. Firmly press the two packed molds together. Press and hold for about 30 seconds. Tap on the metal mold with a spoon to gently release the mixture ….then slowly lift one mold. Your bath bomb should be intact. Release mold from the other half. (Note: If the bath bomb has crumbled, empty mixture back into bowl and repeat steps 4, 5, 6).
7. You can pop the bath bomb in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to harden, then use in bath when ready.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
From our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….