DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Murumuru Hair Conditioner- Rosewood & Frankincense
Also called “the vegetable silicone”, Murumuru is the perfect butter for skin and hair care. You can use it alone or in your DIY beauty recipes. This Amazonian superfruit is packed with vitamins and fatty acids, offering more nourishing properties that make skin and hair healthier and rejuvenated. Murumuru butter helps restore elasticity and strength to dry and damaged hair. Restores sheen (it’s nature’s silicone) and softness brittle hair. Helps control frizz and define curls.
15 g raw murumuru butter
10 ml argan oil
10 ml marula oil
10 ml macadamia nut oil
10 ml vegetable glycerin
110 ml distilled water
7 g emulsifying wax
2 drops of vitamin e
5 ml leucidal liquid complete preservative
10-20 drops essential oils (Rosewood & Frankincense)
- In a double boiler or microwave, gently melt raw murumuru butter, emulsifying wax, argan oil, marula oil, macadamia nut oil and vegetable glycerin.
- In a SEPARATE beaker, heat up the distilled water.
- Once the butter and oil melt, remove from heat and pour in a beaker or a Pyrex.
- Remove distilled water from heat and pour into a separate beaker or Pyrex.
- Whisk the butter and oil and gradually add in distilled water while whisking.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Add in vitamin e and leucidal liquid complete preservative. At this point, you could add in your essential oil.
- Continue whisking fro about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the conditioner pump.
- Pop in the fridge (cap on) for 10 minutes to set faster.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….
Nuworld Botanicals Recipe: DIY Murumuru Hair Conditioner
A quick and easy recipe tutorial on how to make our Murumuru Hair Conditioner.Posted by Nuworld Botanicals on Wednesday, September 12, 2018