DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Vegan Lip Balm Kit
A quick and easy recipe on how to mix and melt ingredients in our DIY Lip Balm Kit. Our vegan lip balm is made with raw Shea and Cocoa butters to nourish, protect and repair lips. Candelilla wax is a vegetable wax often used as a viable substitution for beeswax, which is great for vegan lifestyles. Candelilla wax is rich in nutrients and easily absorbed into the skin while creating an instant barrier to prevent moisture loss. Hemp seed oil and olive oil soothe and hydrate while delivering free radical protection. Watermelon extract is a natural exfoliator, rich in vitamin C and amino acids. This kit makes 3 hydrating lip balms and 1 exfoliating lip scrub.
This DIY Kit includes:
18 g shea butter
2 g cocoa butter
2 g extra virgin coconut oil
3 g candelilla wax
5 ml oil blend (organic olive + hemp seed + vitamin e)
1/8 tsp watermelon extract
4 lip balm tubes with label
4-6 drops of essential oil per tube
Essential oils sold separately. Lip balm tray sold separately.
- In a double boiler or microwave, combine and gradually melt the raw shea butter, cocoa butter, extra virgin coconut oil and candelilla wax.
- Mix in the organic oil blend (olive oil, hemp seed oil and vitamin e).
- Once melted, remove from heat and transfer to a clean beaker.
- At this point, you could add in your essential oils or you could dispense the oil drops into each individual lip balm tube to create different scents.
- Working quickly before it solidifies, pour the liquid mixture into the 3 lip balm tubes. These are your hydrating lip balms.
- In the remaining mixture in beaker, add-in the watermelon extract (watermelon is a natural exfoliant, rich in vitamins and alpha-hydroxy acids).
- Pour liquid into the 4th lip balm tube (this is your exfoliating lip balm).
- Pop in the fridge for 15 minutes to set faster.
- Allow your lip balm to solidify thoroughly before using.
Tip: Create an SPF lip balm by substituting Olive oil and Hemp oil with Red Raspberry Seed Oil and Meadowfoam oil.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar…
Nuworld Botanicals Recipe: DIY Lip Balm Kits Tutorial
A video tutorial on how to make our vegan DIY lip balms. This DIY Lip Balm kit makes 3 hydrating lip balms and 1 exfoliating lip balm. Available in-store.Posted by Nuworld Botanicals on Wednesday, September 5, 2018