DIY Skincare Recipes
Recipe Instructions for: DIY Turmeric-Tamanu Spot Treatment
A naturally healing spot treatment in a stick. Turmeric is rich with anti-inflammatory properties and can target your pores and calm the skin. It is also known to reduce scarring. Tamanu butter benefits extend to a wide range of natural treatments for acne and acne scars, eczema, psoriasis, stretch marks, age spots, skin rashes, general scarring, dermatitis through to anti aging. Tea tree helps fight acne-causing bacteria and balance skin tone. Calendula oil soothes and calms the skin.
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
45 g tamanu butter
4 g carnauba wax
1/2 tsp. extra virgin coconut oil
1.25 ml safflower oil
1.25 ml calendula oil
2 drops seabuckthorn oil
6 drops tea tree essential oil
1 drop vitamin e
1. In a double boiler or microwave, gradually melt raw tamanu butter and carnauba wax.
2. Mix in extra virgin coconut oil, safflower oil and calendula oil.
3. Once melted, add in turmeric powder and stir well.
4. Transfer into beaker or Pyrex, add in seabuckthorn oil, tea tree essential oil and vitamin e.
5. Whisk fast as the mixture solidifies quickly.
6. Pour into the empty stick container.
7. Pop in the fridge (cap on) for about 20 minutes to set faster.
8. Allow to solidify thoroughly before using.
Get These DIY Ingredients:
Fresh from our Aromatherapy & Raw Skincare Bar….