Essential oils have been used for thousands of years for their exquisite aromas and natural healing powers. Rich in botanical activity and antioxidants, plant oils encourage radiant, healthy skin, working at a cellular level to keep the complexion soft and looking youthful. By harnessing their therapeutic properties, aromatherapy works to improve our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
Essential oils are made up of very small molecules, which means they can easily bring their unique healing properties to every cell of the body. They are traditionally used to help ease muscular aches and pains, improve circulation and ease sinus congestion. They also have a positive effect on the skin, penetrating into the deeper layers to encourage the process of cellular renewal, enhance blood circulation and help problems such as acne, eczema and ageing skin.
THE EMOTIONAL BENEFITS
Linked to the areas of the brain governing instinct, memory and emotion, our sense of smell is the most primitive of our senses. Through the pathways between smell and the deep centres of the brain, essential oils can have a dynamic effect on our emotional state. They can help transform our moods and move us from one state of mind to another.
OUR AROMATHERAPY TREATMENTS
Our treatments are firmly based on the traditional principles of aromatherapy. They stimulate the nervous system to release congestion and re-balance areas of the body affected by physical or mental stress. At the same time, the essential oils are absorbed into the bloodstream enhancing cell renewal, circulation and detoxification, while their aromas act on the deepest parts of the brain to enhance our mood and emotions.
- Anxiety Relief- A blend of those essential oils known to help promote inner calm and reduce anxiety including lavender, bergamot, rose and orange.
- Aphrodisiac- A blend of essential oils believed to enhance sensuality including exotic jasmine, sandalwood and ylang ylang.
- Crave Control- A unique blend of essential oils believed to help nix cravings for sweets and carbs and enhance metabolism like pink grapefruit , sweet fennel and spearmint
- Energy Boost- A blend of essential oils that together are uplifting and revitalizing, helping you to feel more alert like peppermint, lemon and rosemary
- Immune Boost- Those essential oils with well-known immunity enhancing properties like tea tree, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary
- Jet Lag Relief- A blend of essential oils helpful in reducing jet lag fatigue, irritability and motion sickness like peppermint, clove and ginger
- Meditation- Contains a blend of essential oils ideal for promoting a meditative mood like frankincense, sage and thyme
- Sinus Headache Relief- Contains essential oils useful for relieving sinus congestion and soothing headaches like lavender, rosemary and eucalyptus
- Sports Therapy- A blend of essential oils useful for relieving sore muscles and joints like wintergreen, camphor , peppermint and pine
- Stress Relief- Essential oil blend useful in reducing stress and brightening moods including orange, bergamot and patchouli
- Sweet Dreams- Contains essential oils useful for promoting a peaceful, relaxed state like chamomile, lavender, marjoram and geranium