People with Sensitive Skin Find Relief with Plant-Based Facial Oils
Today’s wave of eco-conscious beauty has sparked a surge of interest in facial oils, mainly because they use naturally active ingredients, are often 100 percent natural or organic, and are naturally unscented!
- Botanical oils have a small molecular structure that make them able to easily penetrate the skin.
- They’re rich in healthy skin essentials such as moisturizing fatty acids, including omega-3, -6, -7 and -9, which strengthen the skin’s lipid layer and help stabilize natural oil production
- High quality plant-based oils boast naturally active antioxidants at high levels
- Typical skin creams contain around 70 percent water, so preservatives, chemicals and perfumes are added to many of them to eliminate bacterial growth, increase shelf life and achieve an appealing scent (additives increase the chances of skin irritation and allergic reaction)
What to Avoid
Artificial preservatives are one of the most common causes of adverse and allergic reaction. Parabens are the most common ingredients and should be avoided for a number of reasons. Even skincare products that are supposed to be ‘extra’ gentle may contain artificial preservatives, so read the label. Added fragrances can cause allergic and adverse reactions; redness and itching.
What to Look for Instead
Natural plant-based oils, plant extracts and other luxurious ingredients, preserved through the use of natural vitamin E.
Ideal for all skin types, plant-based facial oils can help regulate oil production, making dry skin hydrated and oily skin balanced. Plant-based oils are non-comedogenic, meaning they’re not likely to clog your poresand cause breakouts. In fact, avoiding oils can actually exacerbate an acne problem. Stripping the skin of its natural oils causes dehydration, which can lead to overproduction of sebum. Without sufficient hydration, excess sebum can create clogged pores and eventually breakouts
It sounds counterintuitive, but using a facial oil in place of (or mixed with) your moisturizer can make your complexion look fresh and dewy.
Day: Try adding a few drops of facial oil into your daily moisturizer to start (layering oil first, then moisturizer), for the ultimate moisture-locking effect. In winter, it’s great for super-charging the effects of your face cream.
Night: A few drops on their own work as a night treatment to restore depleted skin while you sleep and nourish without heaviness.
Combine with a Mask: Add a few drops to a botanical powdered clay mask.
The Solution for Sensitive Skin
If your skin is sensitive (and your nose is too), you’ll enjoy Nuworld Botanicals Sensitive Skincare range- naturally unscented, 100% pure plant-based facial oils. Packed with skin-nourishing, anti-oxidant boosting oils like Seabuckthorn, Rosehip, Evening Primrose, and more! Choose the targeted treatment blend that’s right for you:
- Superskin Nourisher (balancing oil suitable for all skin types)
- Sun-Repair (helps treat sun-damaged skin and hyperpigmentation)
- Sun-Kissed Skin (adds a naturally bronzed tint to the skin)
- Eczema Relief (calming relief for acute dry skin conditions)